How to use this wiki #
What is a wiki? #
Wikis are the best way to collaborate on the creation of content. Please try to build the structure of the wiki as you go along.
Here's an example: Let's say people are talking about which smartphone to buy, and you want to talk about Androids - for that you should click to open the Smartphones page, and create a sub-page in there for Androids. But then someone else wants to talk about iPhones - that is not a sub-page off the Androids page, but a sub-page off the original Smartphones page.
So when you add content, think if you are writing it in the right place, and enjoy adding to the fund of knowledge which the wiki pages will be by making it really useful, like wikipedia.
If in any doubt, please contact the visionOntv team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide to using the wiki #
1) If you haven't already got a login, click Sign In and Create Account to sign up to the site and receive an email with login details (which you should personalise).
2) Log in, then click edit top right.
3) On this page you can create wiki pages for different topics. Use the links syntax shown in syntax help for Link to a Page. For the page name, use simple text, and make it short. Extra explanatory text can go outside the square brackets.
4) Click Publish at the bottom, then click the (red) new page.
5) Write or paste your content into the box. Do some formatting.
6) You can set the permissions (who can see your page) before you publish for the first time. Default permission on the site allows guests, ie anyone, to read your page, though they will not be able to edit it unless they are a member of the relevant community. At the bottom of the page: Permissions - Viewable by: Guest - You could change this to eg Community Members, if you really think you need to.
If you want to change the permissions after publishing, go to Details for that page - Advanced Actions - Permissions, and change the permissions there.
7) Now click Publish below.
8) When you edit or comment on a wiki page you didn't start, please sign your change or comment.
9) when adding a page, DO NOT use the child pages, but add a new page title between double square brackets on the relevant page. This then creates a sub-page. we don't actually know what the child pages are for, but they certainly don't help!
10) If you think everyone should know about your new page or edit, send an email to the list for the relevant community.